It’s October and that means it is time to start thinking about NaNoWriMo! If you don’t know what NaNoWriMo is, check out this post. This year I’m spending October working with some Middle School students who are going to try their hand at writing a book during NaNo and one of our sessions is Story Starters. If you don’t have an idea for November yet, if you are stuck and don’t know where to go, here you go! A gift from me to you. Some images, words and ideas to help send a muse your way!
- At birth everyone has the date of their death tattooed on their arm, you were supposed to die yesterday.
- While researching your family tree you come across a name that has been blacked out.
- Every person is born with a twin. One is evil and one is good. Your twin died at birth; the government isn’t sure which one your are. they make their best guess and send you to one of the territories when you turn 16, they choose wrong, how do you proceed? thanks to Sacha Black for the first three.
- A guy is transported through a wormhole to another planet that’s ruled by potatoes.- TCWriMo Suzy
- Who are they, what is around them, what motivated them to be there, are they together looking one way or are they separate looking in. Oddly enough it’s the smallest details that make the difference.-TCWriMo James
- Four kids in a tent after dark. No adults. A loud, unknown noise occurs. What happens next? -TCWriMo Cari
- A person/kid is in a locker room changing when they notice another person in the room has the exact uniquely shaped scar in the exact same place as them. -Jacque
Below are some images to trigger a thought. Think about the What, Why, When, Where, Who and How. Let your imagination go wild. Click on the photo to see it more closely.
Good luck creating your story! Stay tuned for some periodic posts about getting prepped for the craziness of November!
One thought on “Story Starters”
Thanks so much for the lovely mention, good luck with NaNo